- Do I need a fishing license?
YES! Everyone on board 17 and older MUST have an all species fishing license. They can be purchased online at www.mdnr-elicense.com, local bait shops, and large retail stores like Walmart!
How Should I Dress?
- Sunglasses and sunscreen – We do request rinsing your hands after applying the sunscreen. Sunscreen is known to keep fish from biting.
- Raincoat – We do fish in the rain but your safety comes first so based on the weather reports and advisories, we will not fish during severe weather. Captain’s discretion.
- Jacket or Sweatshirt – Bring a sweatshirt or jacket for the morning and early evening or if a cold front should move in. The weather can change very quickly on the lake. Dress even more appropriately for spring charters which could even include a heavier jacket, long underwear, and a winter hat. Dress for the season and remember it is usually always colder on the lake.
- Soft soled shoes-Proper shoes are very important. Please do not wear footwear that could leave marks, rip upholstery, or cause damage to the vessel. This is not something we tolerate. If you wear shoes that could damage the boat, you will be asked to remove, or change them before being allowed to board the vessel.
What else should I bring?
- Coolers! Please bring a small cooler with you packed with snacks and drinks. Also bring a large cooler that will be used after the trip for transporting your cleaned catch!
- A Camera! We want your trip to be as memorable as possible! Feel free to take pictures of everything
- We do not allow passengers to become intoxicated during their fishing trip. While alcohol is NOT prohibited we ask that you please be respectful. Any trip can, and will be cancelled for any persons becoming “out of control.” If a party member is beginning to get out of control, he or she will be reminded of the policy several times before the trip is cancelled. We will immediately cancel any trip that we feel someone is being put in danger. NO REFUND
- Please make us aware of any medical conditions that anybody in your party may have. There will be times that it could take up to an hour to return to the dock from our fishing grounds. While both Captain TJ and all first mates are certified for CPR/First Aid, it is in the interest of safety that we require you to tell us of any existing medical conditions.
- Drugs – Absolutely no drugs of any sort are allowed on the vessel. Any drugs will result in a cancelled trip with no refund.
- Motion Sickness – We kindly suggest that everyone on board take some sort of motion sickness prevention. There are several options, including pills, patches, and bracelets. You’d be surprised how easy it is to become motion sick while fishing. If a trip has to be cancelled due to illness we will not refund the cost of your trip.
- The captain will NOT fish in unsafe conditions.
Will you clean our fish?
You betcha! We will clean and bag your fish free of charge.
It is customary to tip the first mate for great service